RULES AND POLICIES
- All children should be registed before the start of each session. We would like to accommodate everyone, but classes fill up quickly. If you simply show up for class you may be closed out.
- Registration forms and checks should be mailed or brought to Spotlight Gymnastics, 901 Pelhamdale Avenue, Pelham Manor, NY 10803. If you send payment with your child, please place it in a sealed envelope with your child's name, class day and time on the front.
- If a student begins after a session has started, class fees will be prorated.
- An annual insurance/registration fees is due with your initial registration at a cost of $35 for the first child and $25 for each sibling is due with your initial registration. USAG insurance covers participants from September 1, 2010 until August 31, 2011.
- Class fee is due on or before the first day of class. Payment should accompany your registration form. A $5.00 late fee will be imposed after the first class; $10 if billing becomes necessary.
- There will be a $25 charge for returned checks.
- All class fees are non-refundable except for medical reasons with a doctor's note.
- New participants may take one trial class for a single class fee, before signing up for the session.
- A student will be permitted ONE make-up per session (Saturday & Tumbling participants are allowed two). Parents must arrange the make-ups with the office beforehand. No walk-ins will be accommodated.
- Make-ups must be completed within the session.
- First class of each session cannot be used for make-ups.
- Weather cancellations will be announced on radio station WFAS 1230AM (www.wfasam.com), TV Channel 12 News Westchester, www.news12.com/WC/closings, ("WC" is case-sensitive) and www.spotlightgym.com. You may also call our office phone at 914-738-7305 after 8 AM. You are welcome to schedule a make-up for any cancelled class.
- There will be no refunds or credits for missed classes.
- Girls - Leotards or shorts and T-shirt, warm-ups in cool weather, bare feet or socks (we prefer bare feet because can be slippery on trampolines etc.), tights without feet. For safety: NO shoes, skirts, dresses, jeans, jewelry, hoods or belts. Please make sure pants are no longer than ankle length when shoes are removed. Secure long hair with soft elastics or soft barrettes.
- Boys - Gym shorts or stretchy pants and T-shirt or warm-ups, bare feet (We prefer bare feet because socks can be slippery on the trampolines etc.) or socks.
- For safety: NO jeans, shoes,hoods or belts. Please make sure pants are no longer than ankle length when shoes are removed.
- Parents are welcome to wait in the waiting area next to the gym and observe classes through the glass windows. Siblings are welcome in the observation room, but not allowed in the gym.
- All children need to be supervised until class begins and be picked up promptly at the end of class.
- Please be on time for class. The first minutes of class are used to stretch and warm up muscles & increase heart rate. This is important in preventing injury and promoting progress in the sport.
- Within the class, students are grouped according to their age, ability, and skill level. Children will be taught skills which follow a progression from basic to harder skills.
- Please make sure your child uses the restroom before class.